Friday, July 12, 2013

July 11, 2013 - "Letter"

ATN - I debated.  Letter.   A letter such as A? B? C?
or letter. As in from post office.  I had one..dated Nov 24, 1944.
Addressed to me when I was 3 from my father was in Europe during WW2.
What a treasure....

MEB - B for Brazil!

MEL - A letter Grandpolly wrote to her father.  At the top her father wrote, "This letter was written to me by Polly M on Aug. 2nd 1923.  She was 7 1/2 years old."  Then her letter says " dear daddy I hope you are coming to Melmore soon!  Rosalie and I went to a picnic one day.  We took supper in the woods.  We have a lot of fleas up here.  They bite me all the time.  Your devoted child Polly Montague".  I keep this letter framed in my home.

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I love writing letters and I LOVE reading old letters!

    ReplyDelete